Economist, active since 1986, he has matured an expertise in the designing, analysis and evaluation of projects and programs of public intervention, funded through national as well as EU funds. In particular, he has worked in the fields of local development and policies for SMEs, the environment, tourism, cultural heritage, labour market and employment policies, social policy, He has participated in studies and research related to local development policies as well as to labour market, both at sectoral and territorial level. He has acted on behalf of several Italian and foreign public institutions and consulting companies.
He is involved in technical assistance in the preparation of projects and programs of local development, in particular with the Regional and Provincial Administrations.
Since 1996, he has specialised in ex ante, on going/interim, and final/ex post evaluation of Operational Programmes co-financed by the Structural Funds. More specifically: during the period 2000-2006 was responsible for evaluation activities under Objective 1, Objective 2, Urban II, Leader +, Interreg IIIA; in the 2007-2013 period was responsible for activities of appraisal under Objective Convergence, Regional Competitiveness and Employment Objective, as well as the Operational Programmes Interregional and participated in activities of ongoing evaluation of various programs, as well as evaluations ex post for the period 2000-2006, collaborating with several Regional Public Investment Evaluation Units.
- evaluation of programmes co-financed by EU Structural Funds and Rural Development in Italy and in the accession countries;
- technical assistance in the programming and management of programs co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund and the European Social Fund;
- technical assistance to local authorities in programming and project desing for territorial development;
- analysis of the labour market and on the issues of equal opportunities;
- socio economic studies and research; policy analysis; industry or economic sector analysis;
- strategic territorial planning and programing.